Friday 5 December 2008

Lucy Liu Gets Humanitarian Award From UNICEF

This news updete by www.zeenews.com




Washington,: Hollywood actress Lucy Liu, who turned 40 on December 2, has been given Humanitarian award from UNICEF.

The ‘Ally McBeal’ actress was given the honor by Oscar nominated Jon McLaughlin, who sang ‘Happy Birthday’ song for her before opening his performance.

"I feel overwhelmed and incredibly happy," People magazine quoted Liu, as saying.

Liu, who has donated many of her profit shares to UNICEF, revealed that she has a long way to go as far as her philanthropic work was concerned.

"I feel like there's so much more to be done, when they called me about the award, I didn't call them back. I kind of felt like, I still have many years to go,” Liu said.

Although Liu had lost her voice before the event, she still participated in the evening''s auction, and donated 10,000 dollars for a raft to carry supplies over water.

Celebrities like Tea Leoni, Barbara Bush and New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg attended the event.


News via

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by OurBlogTemplates.com 2008